- Although the high road requires greater exertion and may cause muscle soreness, the path is always one of greater reward.
- My nephew-in-law, serving his first tour in Iraq, saves me from the insignificant, daily drama to focus instead on dedication, sacrifice and just shutting up and getting things done.
- George W. mistakes failure to compromise with patriotism. Because of that, he is a scary, scary leader.
- At my birthday table this year sat a dozen beautiful, wise, healthy, funny, gregarious women, friends who took a moment to raise a glass and make me queen for the day (I still have the tiara).
- Forgiveness, coming in a moment of daring or with one simple gesture, will put an end to the wrinkles, the worry and the heavy load.
- Family is both the one you're born to and the one you create.
- Family will take advantage, push your buttons and hurt your feelings.
- Family is all that really matters.
- The care of your body is the absolutely most loving thing you can do.
- Listen instead of waiting to talk.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
You don't need to go home, but you can't stay here...
It's time to put a big old period at the end of 2006. Instead of resolutions, I choose devolutions (with a nod to my love of all things 80's), a sharing of what was, lessons learned and what I know to be true.